South East London #YourPrimaryCare

Use the right service this winter

It’s really important that you use the right NHS service, so you can get the help and support you need, as quickly as possible.

Self care at home

Got a minor cut or graze? It’s best to try and care for yourself at home first.


Visit your local pharmacy if you need clinical advice or over the counter medicines for minor illnesses, including headaches, stomach upsets, and bites and stings.

Learn more about the services provided from your local pharmacist here:

NHS 111

Use NHS 111 if you need non-urgent medical help and advice

Using the right service is really important

GP Advice

Contact your GP if you are experiencing persistent symptoms, chronic pain, long-term conditions or need a new prescription.

Urgent treatment centres

Visit if you need urgent, non-life threatening help, including breaks and sprains, cuts and grazes, and fevers or rashes.

A&E or 999

Use for serious emergencies only. This could include chest pain, blacking out, and serious blood loss.

Use the right services so you can get the support and care you need. Specialist services are free to treat the sickest patents.

Do you know which service to use?

Watch our explainer video

Play Video